Download the beta script file and put it into your scripts folder (see current installation instructions for J&G3 for a refresher.)
Good news! It's pretty much done. Just need to test it on things and create tutorials.
- First, it does not require After Effects 2018, so any version of After Effects CC should work fine. (Sorry CS6 users) It certainly is more efficient and quicker if you have 2018 compared to earlier versions, but hey.
- Instead of using 20+ effects, it now uses around 8, so it's much, much quicker than before. (Regardless of which AE version you're running)
- No more precomposing, this does change up how the script operates though, so be aware of that:
- You no longer create a certain number of masks on the layer and magic happens. You now work on layers directly, applying what you need appropriately and when you want.
- The J&G effects are now visible on the layer itself so you can either put your own effects before them, or after them, or tie effects to them if you so choose.
- All controls for the entire composition are on a single null layer called J&G Controls. Hopefully simplifying things.
- It does work on video, but I would highly suggest you rotoscope first before using the script! The tutorial will explain why.
- I'm going to try and get the Shadows tool into it before full release, but that may have to wait as my vacation is up soon.
Bug fixes 11/26/2017:
Fixed: Expression missing ; for single bounce. [Added ;]
Fixed: Pendulum swings upside down when initial bounce angle was between -90 and 90 or variations. [Took that into account.]
Found bug: function CopyToComp() does not allow the Undo feature... known AE bug.
Found bug: You can apply the jiggle effect to the same layer, using different jiggle types breaks everything.
Fixed: CopyToComp() by not using CopyToComp() and manually making a copytocomp that does work with Undo.
Fixed: You can no longer apply the jiggle effect twice to the same layer.
Fixed: Top Layer Jiggle could not be applied after a Reshape.
Fixed: Reshape was being placed in incorrect order if applied after Jiggle Effect.
Fixed: Top Layer Jiggle would delete Reshape if being re-applied to account for new layers with Jiggle Effect.
Fixed: Applying Reshape (Altering DMComp) would fail. Similar to above, but not quite.
Found bug:Pendulum gets out of balance after first pass when running in reverse or grav_direction > initial bounce direction...
Fixed Pendulum bug: Took a long time to fix this, rewrote it quite a few times and each time it turned into a if/else nightmare. Finally got a method that works, not quite as pretty as before, but still worth it.