This post is for those of you who want to try it out:
You'll need both files. Keep in mind, this is just to test the expressions and effects, it doesn't have the script portion so this is literally just a file with fancy controls, you can't use it on your own image.
First: you'll need the newest version of After Effects (2018). This is because I'm abusing a new feature unique to this version. So yes, that does mean only the people running 2018 or newer will be able to run this script. Don't blame me that Adobe just now got around giving expressions access to mask paths.
- No more Precomposing. It's all handled up front.
- All expressions have been re-written from the ground up, so they are better in efficiency and readability.
- New Gravity feature. As the bounce amount crosses the threshold of the gravity amount, the bounce will transition into a more pendulum like movement to behave more like breasts.
- No more 37 Smears. Instead, I've opted to use a displacement map to achieve a similar effect - way faster than before. (This uses a thing that was added in the early 2017 version of After Effects)
- "Heftiness" has turned into Stiffness. Similar setting, but does a bit more.
- This version will support video! The reason is because I'll have access to the mask paths in the expressions, letting me control many more things on the fly.
I'd love to switch to liquify; however, I'm running into issues with that because with liquify there's no way for me to figure out how the user moved the "growth", so... I'm still using reshape for the main expansion effect.